Pages

Sunday 14 October 2012

Mummy and I


From the mind's eye again. This one was a little more difficult. I kept having to close my eyes, to try and see the Elephants in my head. Got frustrated after a short while, hard time seeing the Elephant in my mind's eye. I first started with the Mother. She proved very difficult to capture upon my initial attempt.

Took a break for a while, and came back to the drawing with fresh eyes. More importantly with a fresher (mind's eye) I was able to see much more clearly where I wanted to place my brush strokes. Especially when it came to the Elephant Calf. I could almost see it on the canvas, before drawing it. To my own surprise I did the calf quite quickly.

... after having looked at images of Elephants, it came to my attention that female Elephants tend to have smaller Tusks.

Done without reference

No comments:

Post a Comment